Administration Officer Development and Environment
Dubbo and Wellington, NSW
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
We are seeking applications from Administrative Professionals who are seeking to gain a position in a large Local Government organisation.
You are an administration professional, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government organisation, with an eye for detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Previous experience with an ability to provide business reports and support multiple teams will also be considered.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Divisional administration duties and responsibilities
- Purchasing and procurement
- Project Support
- Customer service and public relations
- Corporate reporting, planning and monitoring
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate III or higher in Business Administration or equivalent
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to maintain a large workload with strict deadlines
- Demonstrated skills and ability to relate effectively to a variety of clients offering a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Advanced proficiency in business related computer software (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
You are an administration professional, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government organisation, with an eye for detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Previous experience with an ability to support the development of tenders or business reports will also be considered favourably.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the scope of role and the essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $57,621 - $66,965 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 8 June 2020
Enquiries: Executive Officer - 02 6801 4616
How to Apply:
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)