Community Engagement Librarian
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Community Engagement Librarian is responsible for provision of high quality customer service, and development and delivery of programs, events and community outreach initiatives that enhance community engagement, life-long learning and cultural aspirations.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Proactively participate and contribute to the development of the library service objectives and identified outcomes
- Contribute to the development of stakeholder relationships with community organisations, agencies and groups including formal and informal education providers.
- Model, promote and support leadership, decision making and problem solving through planning, coaching and developing staff
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Library and information Science with eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply community engagement principles in the development and delivery of library programs, events and activities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, developing and motivating a small team in the delivery of library services that enhance community outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of technology applications to improve delivery of library services and engagement.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to plan, implement and deliver programs and events.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Are you a motivated library professional with a passion for serving the community? Do you have experience in delivering library and information services and programs? Do you enjoy leading a small team and working with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve excellence in the delivery of library services?
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $82,060 - $95,367 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 30 March 2020
Enquiries: Dubbo Libraries Coordinator - 6801 4513
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)