We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Property Assets team. This position is responsible for providing the cleaning and caretaking functions of the Civic Administration Building and other designated locations within the local government area.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
Provide a high quality cleaning service within the Civic Administration Building and other nominated facilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Physical fitness to undertake the inherent requirements of the job.
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to show initiative and apply a high level of detail when carrying out work tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team environment.
You will have demonstrated experience in delivering cleaning services in a commercial environment and be able to work independently as well as part of a team. You will be competent in using and maintaing cleaning equipment. You will be physically fit to undertake all necessary cleaning duties. You will have strong attention to detail with the ability to identify and prioritise issues to ensure tasks are completed in a timely matter.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including access to DRC's wellbeing program.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $24.08 - $27.97 per hour plus 25% loading in lieu of all leave and severance pay and superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Tuesday 28 January 2020
Enquiries: Building Asset Supervisor 6801 4347
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)