We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
A unique and exciting opportunity exists for the right person to join our Infrastructure Strategy and Design branch and contribute to the design of Council's civil infrastructure.
This role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunities to investigate, survey and undertake drafting works using civil design programs 12D and MicroStation.
We work on extremely unique and exciting projects every day as we own and operate our infrastructure. As a Drafting Officer you could be assisting our team of professional Design Engineers on projects at Dubbo Regional and Wellington Airports, Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets, residential and industrial subdivisions, significant urban and rural road upgrades, water and sewer reticulation and stormwater drainage systems.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Work on design projects by undertaking surveys, investigations and drafting.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design or equivalent qualification.
- Proficiency in the use of Drafting and Microsoft Office software.
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
To be successful in this role you will possess sound drafting skills as well as a Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design. You will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with others including consultants and the general public.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $57,621 to $66,965 plus superannuation.
Closing Date: Monday 3 February 2020 at 9:00am
Enquiries: Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design - 02 6801 4000
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)