Works Supervisor (East)
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
About our region
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Works Supervisor is a challenging and rewarding role for an organised, self-motivated and experienced individual. The Works Supervisor will be required to coordinate the day to day resources requirements in order to deliver the works programme. This will include the preplanning of two week schedules for crews and contractors, sourcing and supervision of required resources – plant, labour, materials and customer liaison.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering major infrastructure projects that will benefit our community as well as the annual works program.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Maintenance and Construction Project & Programme coordination
- Obtaining and responding to client and public feedback regarding projects and programmes.
- Assisting with or preparing project estimates and management system documents based on plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Day to day delivery of projects and programmes
- Assisting with consultation plans in relation to projects and programmes.
- Ensuring compliance with and efficient implementation of the Defined Asset Management Policy (DAMP) as it applies to programmes assigned.
- Emergency response assistance.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision or related discipline.
- General Construction Induction card and Prepare Work Zone Traffic Management Plan ticket.
- Basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft office programs, including email.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and contribute to staff development.
- Current NSW Class C (Car) Drivers Licence.
You will have a passion for your profession and be dedicated to delivering projects of a high standard, on time and budget. You will be an experienced supervisor, who has demonstrated strengths in leadership and the coordination of teams of different disciplines in a infrastructure environment. Ideally you would possess a trades / construction background with a track record of successfully completed projects.
What we offer
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $74,949 - $87,102 plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 30 March 2020
Enquiries: Operations Coordinator East - 02 6840 6410
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)